Tuesday, December 27, 2016

I ♥ Flakey Friends!!! (the stamp set, that is..)



Hello everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful holiday... and received lotsa crafty goodies! ♥


With Christmas just ending... its time to start those thank you cards or "love" cards to show your appreciation to those who were so thoughtful or just because! Well, I have the perfect stamp set for you.. its kinda winter-y.. and its kinda lovey.   Honey Bee Stamps: Flakey Friends would be perfect for you to send some love!


I made this.. and you can too... find the instructions and supply list below!


I first started with green cardstock 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2. I grabbed some white cardstock and cut out a frame with the Spellbinders Nestabilities: Lacey Squares for my image.


I stamped out the bear, hat, scarf on some white cardstock and will color it with some Copics before fussy-cutting the images out.

After cutting out that cute polar bear, I wanted to give him some texture... soooo... I pulled out the flocking powder.  I covered the bear with liquid 2-way glue and added the flocking powder and set it aside to dry.  After he was was dry, I glued the hat and scarf onto him. 



Next to build the scene, I stamped out the snowdrift, which is included within the stamp set, and heat set some snowflakes using Tim Holtz Distress: Embossing Ink and some clear embossing powder.  I masked the loops with some Post-Its and then took the Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass and lightly added some color to the most outer edges. 



On the green cardstock, I wanted to add some "patterned paper" effects.  So I took the 2 paw stamps from the set and stamped it all over the cover of the card base.


It need more pop, so I found a little heart stamp among the set and stamped that in the little crevices between the paw prints in red ink.

I added a nice red ribbon to a tie in the red with some double sided tape, popped up the frame and the bear with some foam tape and adhered it to the center of the card base. 

 Oops, can't forget the inside. I stamped the "I love you" & "much" in green ink and the "beary" in red. I finished the inside sentiment by adding 2 more of the paw prints to tie it all together!

And here is the card, complete!!

Thank you all for checking out my post!!!

-Kim



Supply List:



No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top